Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So what have I been up to?

Last week I mentioned the "Lecture Demo-Painters: Experience the vast potential and versatility of acrylics", Art Expo 2010, and CoSM Salon as events that I'll be attending. Didn't get to do the demo or CoSM events but I did do Art Expo (can't be everywhere). It was so worth it. I learned so much from the first two days' education panels that the last two I spent just looking around, enjoying myself, and even bought a few prints for inspiration. If I have time and get around to it, I'll post everything on the panels here. For now...

One of the artists I met there was Echo-X.
You can see her work here:
http://echo-x.com



"Pie Cthulhu" was so pro I had to get a print. I even got "Coy" to compliment it on my studio wall. I'm so into works that explore the pin-up girl (done right - so many are fluff), horror, LoveCraft, and Mucha.

Steve Barton was another artist I swooned for. His colors are so intense. Backgrounds remind me of Disney's Lilo and Stitch. And he does this thing (called "the wave") to the frame and canvas that makes it a 3d work. Thinking of maybe doing a concave painting to create illusion of depth.

You can see him at:
http://www.bartonstudios.com



This one is called "Little Treasure."

I even made a friend from Korea whose mother was exhibiting as a Solo Artist as well. There were so many, I wish I can rattle them all off! All and all a busy week. Can't wait to see what next week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment