Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Weekend Madness

So starting on Friday, me and Jason were invited to this awesome friend's (Justin) event ( a Rock Band Party) at his place in brooklyn to mingle with fellow RISD alumni and animators (and of course play some Guitar Hero). Everyone was cool and had a blast. I totally think I'm lame at these kind of games but Justin was seriously hitting that drum set. He was so focused. On Saturday night, Kaliptus (another friend of mine) organized a gallery exhibit at The Wild Project in NYC called "Tryptophantasia" where artists showcased their psychedelic animations and videos.

You can check it out here:

http://supraterranean.com/pranagenius/

A few I recognized from SVA, but they were all beautiful, creative and outside the box from what you usually see out there. He will be doing another show I believe sometime in April. I suggest friending Kaliptus on facebook so you won't miss the update. This Tuesday (due to the snow day last week had to be rescheduled) will be another Drink & Draw event. Another chance to mingle with artist and animators, so don't miss it if you're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment