Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2011 Digable Arts Festival

Sorry I haven't posted much up lately. I have been super busy getting ready for the Digable Arts Festival, which I hope to see you all there. I've recently met some awesome artists (like Ryan Thompson from VTF) who will also be attending the event. I am very excited, looking forward to it... and nervous. I will be having my first interview on camera. I have no idea what to expect. I am preparing as best I can. My new business cards will be showing up sometime today. I am wondering how they'll look once in my hand and if it was anything I pictured in my head. I worry a lot. It's what I do. I hope I painted enough to fill a 10x10 feet space. I doubt it, but I'm only one person so I can't be too hard on myself.

The quest "for baby" continues along side family drama and I've been exploring my magical roots and jewel crafting. Also forcing myself to "fill the well" by going to events, shows and hang out with friends so I don't get creatively blocked or burnt. Right now I've hit a wall since my apartment is chaotic and I can't think when my space isn't clear. It's just the way I am as a creative. I am waiting to hear from another gallery if I'm in the group show or not. Fingers crossed.

After october I have no idea what I'll be doing since I've been going almost non-stop. Maybe this is a good thing so I can actually take a breather and paint more. Maybe find a theme to thread everything together. I know this is my weakness - the quantity of work. Quality always comes with practice but quantity is difficult to achieve when you're a perfectionist or realist...or both. Actually if you're both you're fucked. Don't ask me. Don't even look at me. I will look the other way, man. Really. I know for most, the opposite is true, but we are talking about me.

I am looking back at my blog right now though and realizing, "wow... another year is almost over and gone. That was so fast." 2011 has been a very good year and a year of change. If you don't believe me, look up #occupywallstreet. There is definitely an awaking of the spiritual kind and well... people are just fet up. I am glad it is catching on and I expect good things to only happen now that all the "evil" is exposed to the sun rays of "truth". But enough about the apocalypse! Back to making art.

No comments:

Post a Comment